Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm sorry, I thought I already saw that one...


I just saw the trailer for the newest John Cusack movie War Inc. on Apple Trailers.

The plot features John Cusack playing a hit man who has to disguise himself as he poses as a trade show producer in Turaqistan.

Now correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't that pretty much the premise behind Grosse Point Blank? This one even has Dan Aykroyd and Joan Cusak from that film, just transported into a much more convoluted plot involving a corporate invasion of a war-torn pseudo-Middle-Eastern country, a trade show, and apparently Hilary Duff doing the worst accent this side of The Lizzie McGuire Movie.

Now, I'm a big fan of the Cusacks, and John is one of my all-time favorite actors, but I absolutely hate retread plots. We've had enough of the Iraq war satires for a little while, and this one is recycling plots and jokes from all over the place. I'm sure it's got a bit of good somewhere buried inside it, but the first trailer just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments: