Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bringing Back the Genesis Days


I've been thinking a lot about working on becoming a DJ. I really like clubs, and dancing, and putting on music that people have fun dancing to.

The problem is, my particular taste in music, especially the music I actually buy, is pretty far from what most people would call "danceable," so in addition to looking into equipment I've been trying to find more danceable music. I did this once during high school, searching endlessly for mashups, but now I've been tracking down remixes or just interesting tracks, and today I hit upon something truly extraordinary.

The RAC (Remix Artist Collective) is a loosely banded group of separate remix artists (who would've thought?) that have just put out the Nintendo VS Sega EP, a four-track EP using audio samples from Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's some pretty awesome stuff, and they make high quality tracks. My favorite is the last song, which takes a sample from one of my favorite parts of the Sonic games.


RAC - Sonic: Spring Yard Zone (RAC Maury Remix)


Take a listen and remember the days you wasted playing on a Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, or any old game system. I may starting posting a remix of the day or something when I've got the time, so be on the lookout for that.

No comments: