Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mid-Week Special: operationBumblebee reads from the Neon Bible


For the first time, I'm going post a cover by somewhat of an unknown. I found this girl, operationBumblebee, on the net that does some solo or a capella covers of indie rock songs, and this cover of Arcade Fire's "Neon Bible" is really great. If you haven't seen the interactive video that Arcade Fire put up, go check it out here. I'm not sure if they change the graphics each day, but I haven't seen the same version each time I've shown it to people. It was my second favorite song on the album after "No Cars Go", but I like the a capella aspect and female voice in the cover, so take a listen.


operationBumblebee - Neon Bible (Arcade Fire cover)


In the coming days, I'm going to try and get up a post about an artist I think "You Oughta Know", and maybe something about movies I'd like to see get some attention this coming winter.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Just a quick note to say that I am still loving the blog. I love it most when you post tracks for us to check out in the mp3 format. iTunes locked tracks are evil. (Can we register this as a complaint while still saying how much I love your blog? I hope so.)