Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mid-Week Special: KT Tunstall does "The Prayer"


Bloc Party is one of my favorite bands, and most covers that I've heard of their songs usually end up completely disappointing me. Their web site does a fan thing where people can send in their own covers of Bloc Party songs. There are about 15 or so songs I think, but only two of them are any good.

Anyways, KT Tunstall recently did a cover of "The Prayer," which was one of the best songs from A Weekend in the City. I'm actually surprised that I like this cover, seeing as how I'm not the biggest fan of Tunstall's normal music, but I guess that's the nature of covers. I tend to not like songs by an artist, but find their cover of an artist that I like is a great new twist on a song. Here, I think her voice is what makes the song appealing. It's obviously different from Kele Okereke's, but it still has this desperate feeling to it that I found impressive.

Enjoy...coming later this week are my reactions to the openings of Heroes, The Office, and the upcoming new Radiohead album In Rainbows...


KT Tunstall - The Prayer (Bloc Party cover)

No comments: