Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Apology for Absence


Hey there. Over the past two months I've taken somewhat of a summer vacation from writing. I think the end of my freshman year at Northwestern combined with starting an internship at the local CBS news affiliate in San Francisco had made my life busy enough, so I just didn't have any time to put in writing here.

Now though, it's almost the 1 year anniversary of me starting this site, so I want to get back in the swing of things. I work every day, but I'll do my best to have posts up 3 times a week starting today. I've been thinking a lot about the recent music/movies, as well as following the lead up to the Olympics and the summer transfer season in European soccer.

Hopefully I'll get around to writing:
-my reactions to both WALL-E and The Dark Knight
-my ongoing thoughts about Watchmen and Alan Moore
-A new specialty column entitled "I Am A(n) ______ Apologist" in which I examine the merits of detestable items of media
-recaps of the new music to come out, especially Pitchfork's idiotic review of the debut album from Black Kids
-my thoughts on basketball, the men's 100m dash, swimming, gymnastics, and soccer at the Olympics, as well as my reaction to China as a host
-Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldhino, and more transfer rumors than you can shake a stick at in European club soccer


I'll get around to putting up a post sometime tomorrow. For now, it feels good just to be thinking about this stuff again.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Dude, WTF is wrong with Pitchfork? I'm glad you called that to my attention, I never would have looked there otherwise... I'm hoping you like the album as much as I do. I'll have a review today or tomorrow.