Sunday, November 18, 2007

The First Year End Lists...


Stylus Magazine has closed its doors. As of October 31st, there have been no new articles on their site, and in an effort to close things out, they put up lists for their best albums and singles of the year. Granted, they were closing and everything, but there were still TWO MONTHS LEFT in the year. I don't know if any great albums will come out before the end of 2007, but it sure did seem really really early to post a best of...

The list is very, very indie, espeically in the top 10. There are some mainstream, obvious choices here and there, but I really like when lists are written by a person and are "favorite" lists of the year, not an attempt to show the "greatest" releases from the year. The "greatest" album for me really has to be In Rainbows if not only for its release style. It will be the most influential album of the year simply because of the release strategy Radiohead employed. People will always know what you're talking about when you mention that album to them, and for that engrained recognition it should be the greatest album of the year.

Once we get into December, I'll start posting about my favorite films and albums from this year. Until then...I'm really really busy with this thing called college, so my posting has started to get much more scattered. In January we have delayed rush for frats, so I might be a little M.I.A. then as well, but I'll do my best to post about concerts and movies I go to.

No comments: