Friday, September 28, 2007

The End of My First Week


Today marks the end of the first week of college classes for me. After a shaky first few days, I can definatively say that I am having a great time. Tomorrow is our first home football game since I've been in Evanston, against the Michigan Wolverines. Most likely, we'll compete for a little while and then get beat, but the whispers of Appalachian State will haunt that school and those players for years to come.

In a tiny sendup to my first week here, I'm putting up my favorite song about college. It's by Relient K, a pop/punk outfit from Canton, Ohio. They've had a nice run on and under the radar, and I remember randomly picking up their album Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...But Three Do in a record store back in middle school and absolutely loving it. This track, "College Kids," is how I will always idealistically view college life, no matter how different the reality may be.

It has all the great features of a powerful pop song: it's got chugging guitars, witty lyrics, and god damn it's catchy. Listen up.

Relient K - College Kids

No comments: